Monday, August 02, 2004

Cracking into ColdFusion - SitePoint ColdFusion Blog

Cracking into ColdFusion - SitePoint ColdFusion Blog

I find this extremely fastinating, because who knows what special needs we have, that we need to roll our own versions of cfml tags?

Like for me, example, I'd love to roll a version of cfdump that is printable, besides all that beautiful dhtml.

I find it can take coding to a different path, to add things we'd all wish for.

I mean once you have a stable platform, that is scalible and delivers on it's goods. Then it's a matter of customizing it towards your specific needs.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:50 PM

    I'd definitely advise against permanently modifying the server behaviour unless you are left with absolutely no other choice.

    I blogged this technique because it can be a huge time saver if you need to debug an application and want to stop something like a cfmail tag from sending out emails while you do that. All sorts of bad things could happen if you permanently modify the behaviour of the tags. Not least of which are the problems of keeping track of what you've modified and ensuring that it doesn't break when you upgrade or apply a patch to the server.

    Spike

    ReplyDelete