Thursday, August 05, 2004

Site Search Bookmarklet

In the last couple of days, I've been playing with Bookmarklets, as ways to enhance my browsing experience.

One of the cool things, I have found is ways to search for things on your current page, and present that in IE's sidebar.

So that instead of replacing the current page, you can use put content in the sidebar.

Site Search Bookmarklet - Just drag to your links toolbar.

The way this works, you select some text on a webpage, until it is highlighted, then click on this bookmarklet on your links toolbar, and google will search that site for that highlighted text.
Neat, huh?

My next project is to detect an rss feed on a webpage, and display the transformed version of that rss/xml feed in the ie side panel...

Tell me what you think.
Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:56 AM

    I think you should play with Firefox as a way to enhance your browsing experience. Add any extensions you like. (Personally, I can't understand how anyone working on the web can use IE. It's appallingly bad.)

    ReplyDelete